Saturday, September 13, 2008

Fish Tales

Rated PG

Fish Tales is an interesting movie. It is a story of a young girl, 12 1/2, who lives with her father. Her parents are divorced but her mother is dead. Her father is an absent minded professor. She watches over and directs her father as needed.

They find themselves in Greece as her father desperately works to finish a research paper on an ancient love spell. The young girl meets a beautiful mermaid whom she thinks will make a great match for her father. Meanwhile a greedy villain pursues her and the mermaid.

The movie has some funny moments mainly at the father's expense.

I enjoyed this movie. It was a good story. I probably won't watch it again because the I really don't care for the villain or for the sensuousness of the mermaid.

I give this movie 3 stars. ****


Notes:
The mermaid was very sensual in a nonchalant way.
The villain was done in such a way as not to appear too serious but I advise parental discretion.

No comments: